[tag] INDIANA POLICE OFFICER MEMORIAL [/tag]
Corporal Scott Severns
Ways you can support the [tag] Second Amendment [/tag].
- Talk to your friends, family, neighbors, coworkers and innocent bystanders. Remember you’re defending our liberty, our freedom, the Constitution and the basic human right to self-defense. If that offends some people, too bad.
- Get politically involved. Many gun owners would rather not get involved in politics, but it is the politicians that are making the decisions about your constitutional rights. If every gun owner in your district were to help out a few pro-gun politician’s one or two hours a week during election time, would make a huge difference in the outcome of their elections.
- Find positive, Pro-gun stories on the Internet and post them on public bulletin boards around your city or town, and give them to friends and coworkers.
- Go shooting and take someone with you who is open-minded, and not currently a gun owner. Someone you could educate on firearms safety, while at the range and also educate on the importance of the Second Amendment and why is important. One of the best ways you can support your rights is by exercising them. Also use Pro-Second Amendment businesses to purchase your equipment. That will also help those businesses stay in business in your community.
- Become a firearms instructor or [tag]firearms[/tag] safety instructor. Male and female instructors are needed, and most every community. Female instructors are even in higher demand, because sometimes women are intimidated with male instructors. So if you are a instructor. Please encourage your wife or daughter or other female friends to consider becoming a [tag]firearm instructor[/tag].
- Educate yourself. Familiarize yourself with statistics, proposed bills and new laws. Think of logical and emotionally sound responses to the gun haters. When responding to there rhetoric. A good source of facts is on everything about Second Amendment issues would be Guy Smith’s web site. http://gunfacts.info
- Write letters to your local newspaper editor. Many newspapers are more than happy to demonize gun owners. But with thought out intelligent arguments from a gun owner, they will publish it.
- Call or write companies, who has taken a stand against the Second Amendment. Let them know how you feel about their position, and if they continue. You will not patronize their businesses.
- Seek out other gun owners in your community, who have the passion to protect our Second Amendment rights, and consider putting together your own Second Amendment advocates group.
- Do something. If you really love this country, if you cherish your freedom. You must act to support the Second Amendment. If everyone was to do something. They would not be a battle we could not win.